When it’s hot outside my kids and their friends love these cool summer treats. We always have some on hand.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries washed and chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger juice*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt or a non-dairy version like coconut yogurt
*To make “ginger juice” finely grate or mince fresh ginger and then press the ginger through a fine mesh sieve. The “juice” will be extracted from the ginger
- In a saucepan, bring the strawberries, honey, water and ginger juice to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes, remove from heat, pulse in a food processor until just chunky. Place the mixture into a small bowl and cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Wisk or fold the yogurt and lemon juice into the berry mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into molds and freeze for at least 5 hours. Run molds under hot water to release ice pops.
Note: If you can’t find molds – use paper cups and wooden paddles or sticks.